Last update: 13 November 2019
Any reference to ‘We’, ‘Us’ and ‘Our’ is to the Vestibular Infant Screening – Flanders project (i.e. VIS-Flanders).
Any reference to ‘Our website’ is to https://vis-flanders.be.
Any reference to ‘You’ and ‘Your’ is to you as an individual user of our website, newsletter and online registration forms.
Protecting your data
VIS-Flanders wants to share information and news about our services with you. We can do this in various ways including email, post, website, phone or social media, but only if you would like us to. Your privacy is very important to us, which is why we want to make sure you are always in control of what we do with your personal information.
Our simple promise
- We will never pass your personal details to anyone outside VIS-Flanders for them to use for their own marketing purposes unless you have previously provided us with your informed and specific consent.
- We will ensure that we obtain your express consent before we contact you by any method for any purpose.
- We will make sure our contact with you is relevant, based upon the preference information you give us.
- You can change your contact preferences at any time. All you need to do is update your preferences by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your personal information will be stored safely and will remain secure at all times.
- No statistical information which identifies you personally will be published.
- No personal information will be kept any longer than necessary in order to fulfil the purpose it was collected for, and if you ask us to, it will be deleted.
- We will always delete your personal information if requested by you to do so.
Please let us know if your details change so that we can keep in touch.
Using your information
VIS-Flanders will process your data (for example your name, address, email address, phone number) in accordance with your rights under GDPR of 8 April 2016. We may process your information in any number of ways and on any databases only if you have previously provided us with your informed and specific consent for the following purposes:
- To create an electronic record of your data to enable your request for information to be processed;
- To consider any applications you make for registration to events;
- To help us manage your registration or run any other services we provide to you;
- To administer and manage the services we make available to you;
- To compile lists and overviews for our website and for distribution to health care workers, participating stakeholders or patients and their parents or caretakers;
- To keep you informed about the VIS-Flanders project with our newsletter;
- To offer support with parental testimonials;
- To distribute information brochures.
Sharing your information
We take our obligations and responsibilities regarding protecting your privacy very seriously, and therefore, we exercise great care to protect the information we collect about you. We will share your information outside VIS-Flanders only in the following circumstances:
- To promote the visibility and enhance the research impact of the VIS-Flanders project;
- To better serve potential patients as a service to society;
- To the organising society/institute;
- To our (agents or) sub-contractors for operational reasons;
- To any third parties who provide a service or benefits to you or for us in connection with your personal data;
- If compelled by law to do so.
Communication preferences & changes to personal details
Once you have provided your express consent for us to contact you on our behalf, or on behalf of other organisations, there are a number of methods available to you in order to change your preferences, to correct or update your personal information at any time by:
- Clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any newsletter you receive from us;
- Contacting our team where a correction is required;
- Contacting us at email@example.com.
- We use a Secure Site License (SSL) approved technology where appropriate.
- Pages that use this technology are flagged with a padlock symbol.
- We use secure technology in all our email communications and unless you have provided us with your clear and express consent, we do not disclose your email address to any other recipient.
Websites & services not covered by this statement
Third party websites
Third-party websites and services we link to through our website have their own privacy policies, independent of us. We hold no responsibility or liability for these independent policies. We encourage you to look for and review the privacy policies of any third-party website you visit.
Subject access rights
If you write to us with a request, you will have a right to be provided with a copy of all personal information we hold about you.
You can request that your personal data is transferred directly to another ‘data controller’ at any time.
Right to request a correction
You can request that we correct or update your personal data at any time to ensure that your information is accurate and up-to-date.
Right to be forgotten
We may be required to archive your personal information. However, we will not retain personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose we obtained it. You have the right to request that we delete your personal information in certain circumstances, i.e. where the purpose for collecting your personal information no longer exists and we are not obliged to retain all or any part of your personal information for legal reasons.
We will not contact you about our related events or services or send you any other communications if you have indicated that you do not want to receive these. In this case, your name will be included in appropriate suppression lists.
Events organised by VIS-Flanders can be recorded on video and photographed for subsequent promotional and general communications used by the organisation. In attending the event you consent that your likeness might feature incidentally in any imagery captured and used. Where individuals might be explicitly asked for to feature as principal subjects for any photo, video or interview, consent from any individuals will be explicitly asked for.
Withdrawing your consent
You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our right to change this privacy statement
This Privacy Statement may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our online information practices. We will indicate at the top of the statement when it was most recently updated. We recommend that you visit our Privacy Statement page whenever you visit our website so that you are aware of any changes.